Greetings Beautiful People

Thank you for taking the time to visit this page. Please note that although I do post here every now and again, I post on Facebook 2-3 times per day. I upload pictures from photo shoots as I do them. I post comments about specials and special events and offer Facebook fans first dibs on limited-space events. There is a blue Facebook link on this page which will take you to the Facebook fan page I speak of. Please take a peek over there if you want a more up-to-date glance at what's happening. Thanks again for visiting.
www.efpgallery.com



Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Girlie Show: Mermaids, And Voodoo Girls, And Rubber Band Girls, Oh My!

Sometimes you just need a little something different to keep life interesting and The Girlie Show was just that for me! The Girlie Show is a funny, far-out musical featuring a "ringmaster" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) who introduces each of his uniquely talented "ladies" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). There is a ton of very adult inuendos and adult language so it is not for everyone but if you like crazy, over-the-top humor, you should definitely make it a point to see this one.
The young women in the show (and young man) are incredibly talented. The singing was fabulous. Really, girls, well done.
The Girlie Show was produced by Glenn Grieves and Jamieson Lindenburg and featured a handful of young adults from Saint Petersburg, although most of them have re-located to other cities to pursue their acting/singing careers and were just home for the summer. One of the girls, Michelle Dowdy, is now an understudy for the lead role in the NYC Broadway musical, "Hairspray." Not too shabby.
And I can't write about the show and not mention the band, led by Dyllan Glathorn. There was so much talent in the band. Truly excellent!
The whole thing came together and made me forget I was in little 'ole St. Pete.
The Girlie Show is now playing at Studio @ 620 in downtown Saint Petersburg. I know that several of the 8 o'clock shows are sold out but if you're interested, do check at their website, http://www.studio620.org/620/girlieshow08.php for availability. The last show is August 16, at midnight.
If you are unfamiliar with Studio @ 620, I am thrilled you are hearing about it first here. Located at 620 1st Avenue South, the Studio is a non-profit organization dedicated to enriching our community with diverstiy and the arts.
Many thanks to Jordan Stovall for introducing me to your fellow actor and producer friends and THANK YOU so much Glenn for inviting me to be a part of such a fun experience. You both made me feel much appreciated and I really did have a blast photographing the show.
To the cast and crew: I will be posting all the images I took in a password protected area of my website so please contact me if you want to view entire collection.
*** Be sure to check out the comment by one of the producers
posted at the bottom of this entry.***


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sheri!
Thanks so much for your INCREDIBLE work, time and the prizes! It meant so much to all of us, and the shots are amazing!! People were chatting all weekend about EfP! The slide show itself was....amazing...
I would love a pssrd to view all of the shots if you get a chance!
Thanks again,
jamieson lindenburg
jlindenburg@hotmail.com